A fun change of pace from boring old sandwiches – breakfast for lunch. Step-by-step instructions for French Toast Sticks that sneak in a vegetable (we’ll never tell) and don’t require syrup.
- 1 loaf bread, sliced
- 2 cups milk alternative
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin or squash puree
- Coconut oil or butter
- Coconut sugar
- Slice each piece of bread into “sticks”.
- Mix together milk, eggs, and puree. Blend until there are no lumps.
- Heat griddle or skillet to hot enough for a drop of water to jump.
- Add coconut oil or butter.
- Dip pieces of bread into batter to cover. Add place on heated grill or skillet.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook each side until golden brown / approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or cold.