Tuna Salad Recipe:
This tuna “salad” mixture can be placed on top of mixed greens or stuffed in a wrap if you eat grains. Add a bit of red pepper for more crunch.
- 1 can tuna
- ¼ cup celery, minced
- 2 Tbs red onion, minced
- 1 Tbs capers, with juice
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 oz fresh dill, chopped or ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp celery salt (optional)
- 1 large tomato
Directions for Tuna Stuffed Tomato:
- Mince onion and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice tomato in half, remove seeds and pulp.
- Mix all ingredients (except tomato) in a bowl.
- Stuff tuna mixture into tomato.
- Can be served over a bed of mixed greens if desired.