- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 cups young dandelion greens
- 2 Tbs fresh basil
- 1 1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Cut onion in half and slice thin. Place in a small bowl. Pour 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar (or other light vinegar such as white, white wine, or rice) and 1 cup hot water over onions and marinate while making rest of salad.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, cracked black pepper, and adding oil at end a little at a time.
- Rinse and chop dandelion greens. Place in basket of a salad spinner, rinse and spin dry. Toss dandelion greens with 2/3 of the dressing.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise and squeeze out juice & seeds. Cut into quarters, remove inner pulp and slice. Place on greens.
- Squeeze dry marinated onions and lay on top of sliced tomatoes and greens. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over tomatoes, onion and top with basil and goat cheese if desired.