Ingredients for Mexican Stuffed Chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon panko
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild green chilis, chopped
- 4 strips sliced red peper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese cut into two slices, 3″ x 1″
Directions Mexican Stuffed Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a kitchen hammer pound breasts to ¼-inch thick.
- On each one place a tablespoon of the chilis, 2 strips red pepper, and a Monterey Jack cheese slice.
- Roll up and place, seam side down in a baking dish.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Mix together panko, parmesan cheese and chili powder. Sprinkle over the chicken rolls, patting into place to form a crust.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Cheese inside will be melted and the crust nicely browned.
Mexican Stuffed Chicken Serves 2