Learn the health benefits of coconut oil and the many uses for coconut oil as one of leading experts in all things coconut, Dr. Bruce Fife of the Coconut Research Center joins Kellie. There are an amazing number of coconut oil benefits and coconut oil uses. Increase your metabolism immediately by adding coconut oil to your diet. Learn about oil pulling, using coconut oil as a sun block, insect repellent and much more.
Watch step-by-step instructions for easy tuna patties that are great hot or cold. Learn to make a non-dairy “cheese” sauce for dipping, making “cheesy” rice, or to top the tuna patties. We’re using an ECOlunchbox to send it to school with the kids. Enter to win your own here, or use the coupon here.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs. chili paste (optional)
- 1-2 Tbs. coconut sugar
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh basil or cilantro
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 can BPA-free tuna, drained
- 2 Tbs. gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Mix egg, chili paste if using, coconut sugar, sesame oil, and fresh herb.
- Add tuna and oats, mix until well combined.
- Form into four patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. arrowroot
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. onion powder
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch turmeric
- 1/3 cup milk alternative
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine all dry ingredients in a sauce pot. Mix well.
- Whisk in wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Heat on medium, stirring constantly until sauce thickens / approximately 5 minutes.