- ½ pound spinach leaves
- 2 TBS coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ TBS butter
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- Slice garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting benefits.
- Roast walnuts in the butter, about 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté red onions in coconut oil over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn up heat and add garlic to the pan, sauté lightly.
- Bring lightly salted water to a rapid boil in a large pot.
- Cut stems off spinach leaves and clean well. This can be done easily by leaving spinach bundled and cutting off stems all at once. Rinse spinach leaves very well as they often contain a lot of soil.
- Cook spinach in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and press out excess water.
- Toss all ingredients together. Serve.
Substitute any nut for the walnuts or cranberries for the raisins.