This recipe originally appeared in Bon Appetit, August 2010. It is a wonderful way to use extra zucchini during the summer months.
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- parmesan cheese
- Place pine nuts in shallow skillet and toast until golden brown and fragrant.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt, and peppers in a small bowl. Set dressing aside.
- Using a slicer or mandolin, work from the top to bottom of each zucchini, slicing into ribbons about 1/16 inch thick. Place in a large bowl.
- Add basil and nuts to zucchini ribbons.
- Add dressing to zucchini ribbons. Toss to coat.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over salad.