Summer always means ice cream to me, but dairy and I just aren’t good together. So I started playing with fresh fruit trying to make “ice cream“. Problem is I always end up with a smoothie rather than the taste and texture of ice cream . . . until now. Enjoy a healthy “ice cream” treat this summer!
Banana “Ice Cream” Ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsp almond milk or raw milk
- chopped nuts (I like pecans)
- Peel and slice the bananas. Freeze.
- When ready to make, remove bananas for a few minutes until the outsides are thawed.
- Place bananas, lime juice, and milk in a blender. Blend until creamy, stirring as necessary.
- Serve like ice cream topped with nuts and/or warmed Wax Orchards Fudge Fantasy.
Banana Ice Cream Notes: