This granola recipe can be used as a snack, dessert, or a quick breakfast. Eat it alone or add raw milk or plain yogurt. Portion granola into small containers and stash some in your car, desk, purse, etc. for a quick granola energy boost.
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups shredded or flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries (or mix)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix oats, cinnamon, coconut, pecans, and seeds.
- Heat oil and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until just melted, but not hot / do not overheat.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Stir honey mixture into oat mixture.
- Pour into a large baking dish. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until oats are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Add raisins.