What I love about this breakfast recipe is that if I’m on top of my food plan I can makes this super healthy by soaking the seeds overnight. But, if I’m rushing around before breakfast I can just grind all the seeds and go (not quite as healthy but still better than a fast food breakfast option). Any way you make it, it only takes a couple minutes. You can make the time in the morning for a healthy breakfast.
My favorite is to throw a poached egg on top – love it!
It can be eaten hot or cold depending on if you have time to heat up some alternative milk product or are lucky enough to have raw milk in the refrigerator. It’s just SO versatile. It doesn’t have to be just for breakfast either.
Power Breakfast Benefits:
It’s full of essential Omega 3 fatty acids, thanks to the flax and chia seeds. Plus great antioxidants from the sunflower seeds. The sesame seeds have the trace mineral copper to help find inflammation. And, of course, my favorite antibacterial, antimicrobial, super food coconut! It really is a power breakfast for everyone.
- 1/3 cup warm filtered water
- ½ Tbs whey, yogurt, kefir, buttermilk (if nec. can use lemon juice)
- 1 Tbs flaxseeds
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- 2 Tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- ½ Tbs coconut flakes
- 1 tsp local, raw honey
- ½ medium banana
- Coconut milk, raw milk, or other milk alternative
- Mix water and diary (or lemon juice). Add sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Stir. Cover and leave in a warm place overnight.
- Add chia and flaxseeds and grind seed mixture together in coffee grinder.
- Place seeds in cereal bowl. Drizzle honey on top.
- Add warm milk if desired. Add milk or milk substitute. Stir if desired.
- Top with sliced bananas, additional honey and/or additional coconut flakes to desired taste.
- Can be served hot or cold.