Learn the health benefits of coconut oil and the many uses for coconut oil as one of leading experts in all things coconut, Dr. Bruce Fife of the Coconut Research Center joins Kellie. There are an amazing number of coconut oil benefits and coconut oil uses. Increase your metabolism immediately by adding coconut oil to your diet. Learn about oil pulling, using coconut oil as a sun block, insect repellent and much more.
Thorough discussion of health benefits of using coconut in the various forms.
Includes directions for making Coconut Shrimp.
- 24 medium shrimp
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp Herbamare or fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- touch cayenne
- touch smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Chinese five spice (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together pepper, Herbamare, garlic powder, cayenne, smoked paprika, and five spice if using.
- Add shrimp and stir to distribute seasoning.
- Put the flour, beaten egg, and shredded coconut in three different bowls.
- Individually dip the shrimp in the egg first, then the flour, then the egg again. Then dip in coconut to cover.
- Place shrimp on greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Garnish shrimp with lime wedges and sriracha.