It’s a quick, easy, and nutritious snack. Purchased at the store trail mix can be rather expensive. This trail mix recipe will save your grocery bills by spending just a half an hour cooking. It can also be used as a breakfast cereal, in a pinch.
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup raw nuts of your choice
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup slivered or chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup coconut (shredded or chunks)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Trail Mix Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first seven ingredients.
- Melt coconut oil and mix in vanilla, honey, and cinnamon.
- Pour oil mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly on oiled baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring 1-2 times. Watch carefully as everyone’s oven heats differently and you don’t want it to burn.
- Cool. Break up any lumps. Store in airtight container.
- Mix it Up (or, homemade trail mix and it tastes good, too!) (greenviewplace.wordpress.com)
- Inspired Trail Mix Recipe (treehugger.com)
- Almond Bar Recipe (TheRightNutionPlan.com)