This cucumber salad lets me know that summer is finally here. It’s refreshingly tasty. Really this recipe is just a base, although it’s great just like this. But, depending on what’s harvesting in your garden you can add tomatoes, and onions. Additionally you can top the cucumber salad with raw seeds, nuts, or goat cheese. It’s also wonderful on a bed of baby mixed greens. There’s so many options with this cucumber salad that it’s one of our regular “go-to” options. With it’s tangy sweetness even the most finicky eater will enjoy it. If you don’t have coconut aminos you can always use tamari.
Sweet Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- One cucumber (regular or English)
- 3 Tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp raw, local honey
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Using the whole cucumber, remove about half or so of the peel. If using a regular cucumber, remove seeds. Chop or grate.
- Mix remaining ingredients together to make dressing.
- Add cucumber pieces to dressing.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes or more if possible. The longer it sits, the stronger the flavor.
- Serve alone or over a bed of mixed baby greens.