- 3 medium beets
- 1 cup raw, unprocessed honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 sticks cinnmon
- Wash beets well. Peel and cube. Careful to wear protective gloves so your hands don’t stain.
- Add honey, vinegar, cinnamon sticks, and one cup water to pot.
- Heat on medium while stirring mixture until honey is dissolved.
- Add beets and enough water cover.
- Bring to a boil. For softer beets cook for 10 minutes. For crunchier beets remove from heat at once.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Remove beets. Remaining liquid can be refrigerated or frozen and used again with the next beets.