Yield: Serves 2
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package (10 oz) organic, frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded raw cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice onions and mince garlic. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Thaw spinach by placing in strainer and running water over it until thawed. Use the back of a spoon to squeeze out most of the liquid.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with the milk until light yellow and frothy.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 10″ skillet. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Stir in spinach.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach in skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes without stirring. Mixture should be cooked on the bottom and almost set on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Eggs should be set and cheese melted.
- Serve topped with salsa.