Make this traditional comfort food healthy and tasty while still enjoying a creamy gravy consistency. Make every penny count by using cheaper cuts of meat in the slow cooker. Learn how to make quinoa flour as well as how to layer foods in the slow cooker. Come home to the great smell of dinner ready to eat!
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into ½ inch thick strips
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 14 oz canned tomatoes, with juice, broken up or 3-4 tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp beef bouillon
- 2 Tbs sherry
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a plastic bag. Place a few strips of steak in at a time. Shake to coat. Place in 3 ½ quart slow cooker.
- Mix next seven ingredients in a bowl. Pour over steak. Cover. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 3 ½-4 ½ hours.
- Stir in sour cream during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Serve solo or as a topping for brown rice or noodles.