Quick meals are a necessity and using the slow cooker makes it easy. This meal with satisfy any hungry member of your family.
Whether it’s summer and you need a quick meal on the go and don’t want to heat up the kitchen or winter and you want to come home to the comforting aroma of food – slow cooking is a great healthy technique.
Slow Cook Pork Choices:
Pork can be a questionable food for some people. Make sure to purchase pasture-raised pork without hormones or anti-biotics. If you are concerned with saturated fat, choose pork loin. This slow cook method beats barbeque as you won’t have any carcingens to worry about.
If you choose a grain free diet, this slow cook pork tastes great over salad greens. You can also make a bigger batch and freeze for a quick reheat in the future. There are no limits to the versatility of slow cook foods.
Slow Cook Pork Ingredients:
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder roast or pork tenderloin
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ head cabbage
- Dill pickles
- Sprouted grain buns
Slow Cook Pork Directions:
- Press garlic and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Season pork with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Stir mustard, coconut sugar, garlic and cider in slow cooker pot.
- Add pork and turn to coat.
- Set slow cooker to high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours. Cover and cook until pork is tender.
- Using two forks, shred pork and mix with sauce.
- Shred cabbage.
- Spread additional mustard on buns. Top with pickles, cabbage, and pork.