Let’s face it quick dinner ideas are always a must. Plus, no surprise, I love healthy dinner recipes. One of our family favorites is Cedar Plank Salmon. This should be added to everyone’s “go-to” salmon recipes because it’s so quick and easy.
I can have this meal ready – start to finish – in about 20 minutes! If you use smaller cedar planks – one for serving – you can serve the food right from the cedar plank so there’s virtually no clean up! This makes for the best quick dinner ideas!
My mother-in-law always purchases a big stack of cedar planks from Costco when she sees them. I love them for salmon recipes! The cedar flavor and sent is imparted into the fish and vegetables making it a very healthy dinner recipes because you don’t really need much for flavoring – a touch of salt and pepper, lemon juice, oil and for us, red pepper flakes (but those are optional). That’s it! Quick dinner ideas in just minutes.
Cedar Plank Salmon Recipes
- Cedar plank
- 1-1/2 lbs salmon filets, cut into 4-5 pieces
- 2 medium zucchini or squash, quartered
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced parsley
- Place cedar plank covered in water for about one hour.
- Heat grill to about 450 degrees with cover closed.
- Season salmon pieces with lemon juice, red pepper flakes (if using), salt and pepper and place on cedar plank.
- Season zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on cedar plank.
- Place cedar plank on grill and close cover. Keep a spray bottle nearby in case of fire.
- Do not turn, as salmon is cooking on both sides at once.
- Begin checking for doneness at about 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Can be served directly on cedar plank or removed to a platter.