You can use any sweet squash available. We just call them “pumpkin” muffins because it sounds better than squash muffins. Bake these muffins and freeze for the future!
- 7 ounces butternut squash
- 1 cup sucanat
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole-grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- one scoop protein powder
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Seed and roughly chop squash, leaving the skin on.
- Place squash in the food processor and finely chop.
- Add sugar and eggs. Process to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients except raisins. Process just until combined.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Evenly distribute the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle a few raisins over the top of each muffin.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.