I’m beginning the autumn recipes and pumpkin is always high on my list. Many people struggle with loving pumpkin pie but not wanting the crust. Of course you can make gluten-free pie crusts, but this is my favorite – a take on pumpkin pie in a perfect serving size.
Pumpkin Custard Ingredients:
- 8 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Lemon or orange zest (optional)
Pumpkin Custard Directions:
- Place 2 Tbs. of maple syrup into each of 4 custard cups (6-oz).
- Beat together eggs, pumpkin, coconut milk, sugar, spices, and vanilla. Carefully pour pumpkin mixture into custard cups.
- Cook the custard in a steamer for 40-45 minutes or until custard is just set.
- Let cool on cookie rack for 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, loosen edges with a knife. Invert onto dessert plates. Top with lemon or orange zest.