This pickled kale salad recipe is amazingly quick and tastes fantastic. Don’t let the “pickled” concept deter you from trying it. Everyone loves it!
- 1 ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup evaporated cane juice or coconut sugar
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ medium red onion
- Small bunch of kale
- 1 ¼ cups chickpeas (optional)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice cucumber and red onion. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop kale. Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Combine vinegar, ½ cup water, and cane juice or coconut sugar in a bowl. Stir in cucumbers and onion. Set aside to let “pickle”.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup pickling liquid, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with kale and chickpeas.
- Strain cucumbers and onion. Toss with kale mixture.