My family love the color, beauty, and taste of rhubarb, but sometimes it’s difficult to find enough uses for it. We’ve created a wonderful popsicle using the bounty of summer, orange and rhubarb.
If you don’t have popsicle containers use paper cups. Fill them up and stick them in the freezer for about half an hour, just till they get slushy, then place a wooden stick in the middle of the cup and freeze until solid. Peel the cup off when you’re ready to eat.
Orange Rhubarb Popsicle Ingredients:
- 6-8 rhubarb stocks
- 1-2 oranges
- ½ cup water
- ½ – ¾ cup honey
- Cut rhubarb into 1-inch pieces. Peel and chop oranges, leaving a little pith.
- Heat honey and water in 2 quart sauce pan, stirring consistently until well incorporated.
- Add rhubarb and oranges. Simmer uncovered until rhubarb is tender and slightly transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle containers or paper cups. Freeze.