Thorough discussion of health benefits of using coconut in the various forms.
Shows how to choose, open, and use a young coconut for coconut water and coconut meat.
Includes directions for making Coconut Shrimp.
Part 1 of Cooking with Coconut Series based on Bruce Fife’s books The Coconut Oil Miracle and Cooking with Coconut Flour.
- 24 medium shrimp
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp Herbamare or fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- touch cayenne
- touch smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Chinese five spice (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together pepper, Herbamare, garlic powder, cayenne, smoked paprika, and five spice if using.
- Add shrimp and stir to distribute seasoning.
- Put the flour, beaten egg, and shredded coconut in three different bowls.
- Individually dip the shrimp in the egg first, then the flour, then the egg again. Then dip in coconut to cover.
- Place shrimp on greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Garnish shrimp with lime wedges and sriracha.