Diced or chopped kohlrabi makes a flavorful addition to any stir fry. Lightly cooked, it will retain its crisp texture.
- 1 pound Fresh kohlrabi
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- One medium Garlic clove, pressed or chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground cracked black pepper to taste
- Tamari and sesame seeds
- Balsamic vinegar and crumbled goat cheese
- chopped tomato
- kalamata olives
- Directions for leaves:
- Chop or press garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting benefits.
- Bring lightly salted water to a rapid boil in a large pot.
- Cut stems and leaves off orbs and clean well. Dice or chop orbs.
- Cook leaves in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and press out excess water. Toss in rest of ingredients while still hot.
- Directions for orbs:
- Use a large pot (3 quart) and put 2 inches of water in the bottom of the pot. Make sure water is at a rapid boil before adding collard greens.
- Add the chopped or diced kohlrabi to a steamer and place in pot. Cover. Steam for 5 minutes; begin timing as soon as you drop the steamer basket into the boiling water.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.