Jerky is such an easy snack to keep in your car, office, or to take on the road. It’s a pure protein source, very conveniently presented. But, jerky is super expensive to purchase. Luckily, jerky is super easy to make while also being very affordable and tastes much, much better. I really suggest giving it a try and making your own jerky.
- Grass fed cut of meat for beef use London broil, loin, sirloin, rib eye, top round, eye of round, bottom round
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or tamari
- ¼-1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbs siracha or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Slice meat into ¼ inch slices across the grain.
- Whisk together marinade. Place meat slices in marinade making sure each slice is coated. Allow to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Place slices in a single layer in dehydrator, on cookie sheet, or on the grill.
- Dry using low temperature, 120-170 degrees F until desired crispness.
- Place jerky in sealed container in refrigerator or freezer.