Watch instructions to make your own Red Pepper Hummus. Learn two ways / one that’s super fast and a second that is really economical. Save money by making hummus at home with better, robust flavor.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups soaked, cooked garbanzo beans or 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbs tahini
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika, preferable smoked
- 10 kalamata olives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Properly soak garbanzo beans and cook or use canned.
- Roast red peppers or use jarred.
- Drain and reserve liquid from garbanzo beans if using canned. Rinse.
- Mince garlic in food processor.
- Add beans, 2 Tbs reserved liquid or extra virgin olive oil, and remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add additional seasonings and liquid to taste.