A healthy snack that uses chocolate? You bet!
Learn how to make a nutritious snack or dessert because we all need a little treat.
- ¼ cup milk or milk alternative
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup natural nut butter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond meal
- Mix milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar, nut butter, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted and well mixed.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Mix.
- While sauce is melting, mix oats, coconut, and almond meal in a large bowl.
- Pour cocoa mixture over the dry mix and mix well with a fork until well combined.
- Form into loose balls with a tablespoon onto parchment paper. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firm.