Salad Recipes with Beets
If you follow along you know I love beets. I love all the health promoting properties of beets. I love how beets can help clean the liver and gallbladder. And, so much more. One of my family favorites continues to be roasted beets and I have these healthy recipes in a great video.
But, I’m always looking for new ways to add beets into my meal plan. Today, I offer you a beet salad with goat cheese. I’ve taken this new healthy recipes to a couple different social potluck events and there’s never any leftover so I think it’s safe to say – this salad recipes rocks!
Let me know what you think of this month’s salad recipes. Do these healthy recipes work for your family?
Beets Salad with Goat Cheese
- 2 pounds beets
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. sherry
- Sea salt
- fresh ground black or white pepper
- 1 bunch baby spinach or mixed greens
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cashews or nut of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel beets using gloves unless you want pink hands.
- Chop beets. Toss with coconut oil and place in roasting pan. Roast for 5 minutes; stir. Roast for another 5-10 minutes until fork slides easily into beet cubes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together olive oil, sherry, salt, and pepper.
- Wash greens very well and spin dry.
- Place greens in bowl and toss with olive oil mixture.
- Add beets and continue tossing.
- Before serving top with goat cheese and cashews.
Make Ahead Tip: Roast the beets up to three days before, cover and place in the refrigerator.