Simple Slow Cooker Recipes
I’m still loving easy dinner recipes made in with slow cooker recipes! Using slow cooker recipes doesn’t mean that the food has to sit all day in order to make healthy dinner recipes. In fact, the slow cooker recipes can be completed, from start to finish, in less than 30 minutes thanks to using the slow cooker as you would multiple pots and pans. This, of course, makes the clean up much easier too! I love slow cooker recipes that are truly easy dinner recipes!
Easy Dinner Recipes
Quick Cashew Chicken is very versatile. Here I’ve served it over brown rice pasta but it can be eaten alone or served over rice. I love that these easy dinner recipes cook all in one pot. I recommend using chicken thighs because it seems to give a richer flavor but I tried slow cooker recipes using chicken breasts too. I just didn’t feel the chicken breast was as moist and flavorful – but both were fine. I tried both skinless, boneless chicken as well as regular. I felt the flavor was a better with the bones and skins intact but the cooking time was increased.
For speed, and truthfully, what was in my freezer, I used peas but in other healthy dinner recipes that I worked through, I found fresh snow peas as well as both fresh and frozen asparagus to work well.
Remember, slow cooker recipes are very forgiving so work with what you have available to make easy dinner recipes.
Healthy Dinner Recipes – Quick Cashew Chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp black bean sauce
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chop onion and press garlic. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in slow cooker on high. Add chicken to pot. Cook uncovered approximately 10 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set on plate.
- Add the onion, pepper, and garlic to the slow cooker. Cook 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Stir in tomatoes and black bean sauce. Place chicken on top of vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook 5-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Pour frozen peas into slow cooker and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, pasta, quinoa, other grains, spaghetti squash, etc.