BBQ doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Make this recipe in a foil packet to reduce carcinogens and have an easy clean-up too. The full meal in less than 10 minutes. Learn how to chop a mango, quickly dice an avocado, and mince a jalapeno.
- Coconut oil
- 8 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 cup amaranth
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- Heat grill. Fold four 18 inch long pieces of foil in half; unfold and using a paper towel wipe the inside of the foil with coconut oil.
- Evenly divide spinach and place in center of each piece of foil.
- Combine amaranth with water and divide among foil.
- Mix together shrimp, ¼ cup of the cilantro, oil, and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
- Divide shrimp mixture evenly on each piece of foil.
- Fold foil closed and crimp edges to seal. Place on grill, close lid, and cook until packets are puffed / about 10 minutes.
- Mix together remaining ¼ tsp salt, mango, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, and lime juice in bowl.
- Carefully cut foil open. Stir ingredients. Garnish with salsa before serving. Can be served directly in foil packet.