I love green beans. This recipe takes a bit longer but the finished product is fabulous. Everyone who has eaten this is amazed how fresh and tasty the green beans stay. With the short cooking time the nutrients are preserved, making this a great nutrient-dense whole food to serve.
Green Beans Italian Style
If you are in a bind, use dried herbs – about 1/2 Tbs.. Whisk together the dressing and allow it to sit for a few minutes so the flavors blend. The lemony flavor with the herbs adds an amazing amount of flavor to the green beans without much work on your behalf.
You can pre-make part of the recipe to help you in a time crunch. Just blanch the green beans (boil and put in ice water), pat dry and store for up to a day if you need to save time. Wrap the green beans in paper towels, place in a container, and refrigerate.
Green Beans Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon
- One clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbs. fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil or combo)
- 1/8 tsp. powdered onion
- 1/8 tsp. lemon zest
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Green Beans Directions:
- Trim ends of green beans.
- Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling water until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain. Immediately place green beans in a large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again. Pat green beans dry.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Toss with green beans.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add green beans and stir-fry until heated through, 1-2 minutes.