I have to admit, I might be running out of ways to use up the abundance of green beans this year. This quick, easy salad is fantastic as the summer season unwinds and we want to use up the last of our raw vegetables, like green beans.
But, like most salads I recommend here, don’t feel constraints regarding the exact ingredients or measurements. Let taste be your guide. My family likes this one because the green beans have a more savory taste.
I like Herbamare for this salad because it offers a more complex taste than just sea salt, but it is optional.
Green Beans and Cherry Tomato Salad Ingredients:
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T sherry vinegar
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- ¼ t Herbamare (or sea salt)
- 2 T fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (or feta)
- Fresh ground black pepper
Green Beans and Cherry Tomato Salad Directions:
- Trim the ends of the green beans and cut into pieces, about 2 inches.
- Steam the green beans for 5 minutes.
- While green beans are steaming, cut cherry tomatoes in half, chop basil, and mince garlic.
- Place green beans in an ice bath to cool. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, Herbamare (or sea salt), basil, and garlic.
- Pour dressing over the green beans and toss well.
- Fold in the tomatoes and goat cheese. Add pepper to taste.