Healthy Recipe Desserts
October is National Cookie Month. Yes, that’s really a thing; I didn’t make it up!
I definitely believe you should eat dessert while on a diet. In fact, that is how to lose weight quickly and safely. Deprive yourself of treats and you may binge later. I’ve written and done a video about just this diet problem – take a look here.
The bottom line is . . . you have to eat healthy desserts and that means having a healthy recipe. So, I’m giving you one straight out of my book. Enjoy!
How to Lose Weight Eating Cookies
Make a big batch of these – they freeze well. Make them a little bigger than a teaspoon size and you can have 3-4 for dessert! They are high protein so you won’t feel hungry.
There are two sweetener options honey or coconut sugar. Choosing honey or coconut sugar is a matter of preference. Honey will create a cookie that has a doughy texture in the middle like a cupcake. Coconut sugar will create a cookie that has crunchy pieces. Coconut sugar is low glycemic and diabetic friendly. Look for dark amber honey which will be higher in minerals.
A reader sent me a note that maple syrup works well in this recipe too. I haven’t tried it personally but it is a great sweetener and is definitely one of healthy recipe options to learn how to lose weight. Give it a try and let me know . . .
Diet Chocolate Cookies
- 3 organic egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ cup raw honey or coconut sugar
- 4-6 squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp. real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until very stiff.
- Add honey or coconut sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time, and continue beating until mixture is smooth and sweetener is completely incorporated. If using honey the mixture will be glossy.
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla very gently.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
Makes: about 48 cookies