Healthy Recipes for Snacks
One of the top questions I always get asked is about healthy recipes for snacks. Then how to make healthy recipes for snacks that kids will eat too. Today, I’ve got you covered with a fun wrap idea. Instead of using a tortilla which can be very high in calories and bad fats, we’ll use the leaves from collard greens. How to cook collard greens you may be asking? If you want to serve them as a side dish, use this healthy recipes. But collard greens make the perfect wrap. The flavor isn’t overwhelming and the green color is much prettier than other leafy greens. Since we give them a quick toss in boiling water they are still tough enough to spread with cream cheese without putting holes in the leaves. This is a snack that the whole family will love.
Make Ahead for Snacks
I make a big batch, leave the leaves between paper towels and place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Whenever we want quick snacks they are right there to make healthy recipes! Everyone likes their own ingredients so these snacks are made with whatever leftovers available.
Collard Wraps Snacks
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Bunch of collard greens
- Cooked, sliced meat
- Sliced cheese or cream cheese
- Pepper slices
- Cooked rice
- Shredded cabbage
- Shredded or sliced carrots
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add a little lemon juice and sea salt.
- Working with 1-2 collard green leaves at a time, drop them in the boiling water and submerge.
- Boil for approximately 30 seconds.
- Remove from water and place on a paper towel to drain and cool. Pat dry.
- Place desired ingredients on a single collard green leaf and roll up for quick snacks.
- Slice in half if desired.