Kellie Hill is joined by Karen Brooks from In-Home Wellness Solutions to show tips to make cleaning a juicer quick and easy. Learn which brush will help you ensure proper cleaning. Instruction includes when to hand wash juicer parts and when it’s okay to run parts through the dishwasher as well as the one part you should never load in your dishwasher.
Kellie Hill is joined by Karen Brooks from In-Home Wellness Solutions to teach how to get started with raw juicing. Learn the difference between types of juicers and what type to purchase. Watch step-by-step instructions for a tasty, healthy, easy starting recipe designed to boost your immune system – sweet enough that kids will love it but nutritious enough that mom’s will love it. Includes tips on how to save the pulp for use later.
The benefit of using a slow cooker is you can toss in the ingredients and go . . . dinner is ready when you return home. This video includes easy instructions for your next family favorite meal. Includes health information about chicken pieces with skin and bones versus skinless boneless chicken. Enjoy nutritious foods with very little work!
- 2 large onions
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 cups mushrooms
- ½ cup celery (optional)
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 tsp organic Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice from jar of mushrooms (optional)
- Coarsely chop onions and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook bacon until crisp, pat with paper towel and crumble.
- Slice mushrooms. Thinly slice celery.
- Place onions in a 5 quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken pieces on top. Add bacon, mushrooms, and celery if using.
- Whisk together warm water and Better Than Bouillon until dissolved. Add salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, thyme, and bay leaf. Stir together and pour over chicken.
- Whisk together vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar, and mushroom juice if using. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
Helpful Hint: To make a gravy, remove chicken and vegetables. Scoop one cup of liquid from slow cooker and add 1 Tbs of arrowroot. Whisk together until smooth. Add back into liquid in slow cooker and whisk until thickened.
Make this traditional comfort food healthy and tasty while still enjoying a creamy gravy consistency. Make every penny count by using cheaper cuts of meat in the slow cooker. Learn how to make quinoa flour as well as how to layer foods in the slow cooker. Come home to the great smell of dinner ready to eat!
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into ½ inch thick strips
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 14 oz canned tomatoes, with juice, broken up or 3-4 tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp beef bouillon
- 2 Tbs sherry
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a plastic bag. Place a few strips of steak in at a time. Shake to coat. Place in 3 ½ quart slow cooker.
- Mix next seven ingredients in a bowl. Pour over steak. Cover. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 3 ½-4 ½ hours.
- Stir in sour cream during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Serve solo or as a topping for brown rice or noodles.
Don’t spend forever in the kitchen to prep a healthy, nutrient-dense whole foods meal – bring out the slow cooker. Easy step by step instructions for versatile slow cooked pork. Use this recipe to make sandwiches, sliders, wraps, serve over vegetables, or just eat it as a meal by itself. This simple “mix & go” recipe will delight the whole family.
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder roast or pork tenderloin
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ head cabbage
- Dill pickles
- Sprouted grain buns
- Press garlic and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Season pork with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Stir mustard, coconut sugar, garlic and cider in slow cooker pot.
- Add pork and turn to coat.
- Set slow cooker to high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours. Cover and cook until pork is tender.
- Using two forks, shred pork and mix with sauce.
- Shred cabbage.
- Spread additional mustard on buns. Top with pickles, cabbage, and pork.