Quick Easy Healthy Recipes
I continue to be honored and grateful for the opportunity to share not only my story of survival but to offer heart healthy recipes and healthy snacks you can make quickly. So quick in fact that I can present them in under five minutes right on television!
Last week I was in Portland, Oregon on AM NW again to show two new healthy recipes that could be a lunch or healthy snacks. Best of all, these foods will reduce the risk of having a stroke.
Here’s the Healthy Snacks Video
Here’s the Healthy Recipes
Omega-3 Rich Tuna Salad
- 1 can (6 oz) chunk light tuna or salmon in water, no salt added
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups organic baby spinach leaves
- 4 Tbsp white beans
- ½ avocado, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch paprika, smoked is best (optional)
- Dice onion and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix first five ingredients together.
- Place baby spinach leaves on two plates. Top with white beans.
- Scoop tuna mix on top spinach and white beans.
- Place ½ of avocado and 10 cherry halves on each plate.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of paprika.
Healthy Snacks – Homemade Trail Mix
- 1 ½ ounce raw nuts of choice (almonds)
- 1 ounce seeds of choice (sunflower)
- ¼ cup dried fruit of choice (apricot)
- Mix ingredients together. Store in airtight container.