Caesar Salad is one of my favorite foods. It’s quick and easy. I can use leftover protein from dinner and I’m out the door in minutes. Caesar salad can be a fast side dish that can be dressed up or dressed down. So many options – I love it!
But, caesar dressing can be a meal plan nightmare. I highly recommend you make your own. Again, caesar dressing can be so fast and so easy – just toss the ingredients in a blender or food processor. I like to use my little nut chopper style processor that has a lid – I make a couple days worth of salad dressing in minutes and store it in the refrigerator.
Plus, I use Udo’s Choice Oil Blend which is extracted in exclusion of light, heat, or air. Find out more about why this important from Dr. Udo Erasmus himself during our interview on my radio show Eat Well to Live Well with Kellie Hill – the episode is here.
Caesar Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup walnuts (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Leftover protein, cubed (or cooked chicken, cubed)
- Caesar Salad Dressing:
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- ½ 2 oz jar anchovies
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Udo’s Choice 3-6-9 Oil Blend or extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Caesar Salad Directions:
- Rinse lettuce, tear into bite size pieces, and dry in a salad spinner.
- Blend dressing ingredients together until well mixed.
- Toss romaine lettuce with desired amount of dressing.
- Add walnuts and cheese if desired. Add chicken if using.
- There will be dressing left over, which will keep very well in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Caesar Salad Healthy Cooking Tip:
Make sure your lettuce is well dried so you don’t dilute the dressing.