In the food co-operative my son saw this funny looking vegetable, called a broccoflower. He had to try it and broccoflower was suddenly in our cart. I guess it could be worse . . . at least my eight year old is sneaking vegetables in the cart instead of junk food.
We had a ton of fun with the broccoflower as we dressed it up like mini-Christmas trees. What a fun way to get kids to love their veggies!
- 1 lb head broccoflower
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- sea salt (optional)
- white pepper (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches water.
- Cut broccoflower florets into pieces.
- Press garlic.
- Steam for no more than 5 minutes depending on size of pieces.
- Place in a bowl. Toss with remaining ingredients. Serve.