Join the forum discussion about apple cider vinegar.
A reader asks the following question:
“Is apple cider vinegar as healthy as I read?”
Please join this discussion and post your comments. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Here’s the answer . . .
Apple Cider Vinegar Recommendation
I first recommended apple cider vinegar back in 2011. You can read about it here. I’ve also used it for a variety of recipes – coleslaw, with red cabbage and apples, Italian salad dressing, as a dip, when slow cooking, as a topping on kale chips, of course with beets, when soaking grains like for gluten-free pancakes, in poaching eggs liquid, for pickling like kale salad, and for cleansing the liver/gallbladder. Actually, once I looked for apple cider vinegar – it was all over the website. It’s a seemingly magical elixir. As I noted before apple cider vinegar has been used for ages for numerous health problems – internally and externally. Plus, apple cider vinegar is a healthy cleaner around the house.
Here are some of my favorite uses for apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits:
These are in no particular order – just the main uses for apple cider vinegar that I’ve come across with clients.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar can also help remove the body’s excess fats and toxins within your system.
- Spray or wipe apple cider vinegar on your armpits for a very natural deodorant.
- Apple cider vinegar is a strong disinfectant. Spray or wipe it on any surface to kill bacteria.
- Try soaking tired feet in apple cider vinegar diluted with water. It’s a fantastic at-home spa treatment.
- Relieve the pain of sunburn and minimize potential peeling by soaking a wash cloth in apple cider vinegar and placing it on the sunburn. Or add a few cups of apple cider vinegar to the bath for sunburn relief.
- Apple cider vinegar can help balance the pH level of the face while killing the bacteria that causes acne. Spray or wipe it on your face after cleansing.
- Rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar after shampooing will create a vibrant shine. It’s only necessary to rinse 2-3 times per week.
- Remove stains and residue from your teeth by applying apple cider vinegar or using it to brush your teeth.
- Reduce the symptoms of acid reflux by drinking 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water 15-20 minutes before a meal.
- Apple cider vinegar can help balance sugar levels which can help with weight loss, immunity, and glucose related diseases.
According to Patricia Bragg’s book Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health System there are hundreds more benefits of using apple cider vinegar for your health, your home, your pets, and much more. I think it is very safe to say that apple cider vinegar really is as healthy for you as you’ve read. In fact, every household should have at least one bottle.
Remember to purchase organic apple cider vinegar with the “mother” still intake. The apple cider vinegar needs to be undistilled and raw. You should see something floating around the bottom of the jar that looks like a big cobweb. Apple cider vinegar should be a rich, amber color with a strong aroma.