Inflammation is one of the area’s that body tries to talk to us and tell us we need to give it a little more tender, loving care. Yes, pills can mask the pain for a while but this doesn’t truly reduce inflammation. Nutrient dense, whole foods are the easiest way to reduce inflammation and restore your health.
This recipe is from my new book Cleanse and Detoxify Your Body on sale now at Amazon. Enjoy!
Anti-Inflammation & Detoxification Soup
Anti-Inflammation Soup Ingredients:
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small zucchini
- 4 collard green leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Anti-Inflammation & Detoxification Soup Directions:
- Mince onion and chop garlic. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Dice green pepper and zucchini into ¼ inch pieces.
- Finely chop collard greens. Dice tomato and poblano.
- Chop pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
- Heat oil in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion, green peppers, and poblano over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add red chili powder and mix in well. Add broth and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add oregano and cumin.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
- Add zucchini and collard greens and cook for 5 more minutes. Add chopped cilantro, pumpkin seeds, salt, and pepper.