Inflammation is one of the area’s that body tries to talk to us and tell us we need to give it a little more tender, loving care. Yes, pills can mask the pain for a while but this doesn’t truly reduce inflammation. Nutrient dense, whole foods are the easiest way to reduce inflammation and restore your health.
Anti-Inflammation & Detoxification Soup
Anti-Inflammation Soup Ingredients:
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small zucchini
- 4 collard green leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Anti-Inflammation & Detoxification Soup Directions:
- Mince onion and chop garlic. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Dice green pepper and zucchini into ¼ inch pieces.
- Finely chop collard greens. Dice tomato and poblano.
- Chop pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
- Heat oil in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion, green peppers, and poblano over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Add red chili powder and mix in well. Add broth and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add oregano and cumin.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
- Add zucchini and collard greens and cook for 5 more minutes. Add chopped cilantro, pumpkin seeds, salt, and pepper.