Using the slow cooker this time of year makes my life so easy. I can come home to the wonderful scent of a tasty, healthy homemade meal. Creating a soup dish is fast and nutritious. It just doesn’t get much better than this!
This week, to make the soup, I used up leftovers, cleaned out my refrigerator, plus, I use Udo’s Choice Oil Blend which is extracted in exclusion of light, heat, or air. Find out more about why this important from Dr. Udo Erasmus himself during our interview on my radio show Eat Well to Live Well with Kellie Hill / the episode is here.
- 1 lb yellow split peas
- 1 large carrot, diced
- ½ lb cooked ham, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp dried marjoram leaves
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 4 cups broth
- 1 ½ cups water
- Udo’s Choice 3-6-9 Oil Blend
- Rinse and sort peas.
- In a 3-4 quart slow cooker place all ingredients. Stir to mix.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Stir well before placing in soup bowls.
- Drizzle Oil Blend on top of soup before serving.
You can always make a bigger pot of this soup and freeze the leftovers. Reheated this split pea and ham soup makes a quick lunch.