Radishes aren’t just for summer salads. They are a root vegetable so they grow in the colder winter months in many areas. And, just like most root vegetables, radishes are fabulous roasted. If you haven’t like them before, roasting mellows the “bite” so it’s a wonderful introduction (or re-introduction) to the radish.
These I just quartered, tossed with coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and peper. For a quick flavor change you can add a touch of dried thyme or rosemary.
- One bunch of radishes
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash radishes, remove roots and stems. Wash greens and radishes, dry with paper towel.
- If radishes are larger, cut in half.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add radishes and greens, toss until evenly coated with oil.
- Spread in roasting pan or baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until greens are crispy. Remove greens.
- Continue roasting for another 5 minutes or until radishes are tender.